(ENGINE) Short block VR38 4.3L STEP Pro
ENGINE BLOCK COMPONENTS
【Short block VR38 4.3L STEP Pro】
A short block that includes the VR38 4.3L Capacity Upgrade kit.
It further strengthened the crankshaft and crankshaft main bearing cap for assuming the circuit driving.
・Expected use scene: Circuit
・Assumed torque: ~ 1500 N∙m
The assumed torque came from the in-house test data. We do not guarantee the use of the product without any damage.
Please note that the allowable torque may vary depending on the specifications of a vehicle, road surface conditions, driving conditions, travel distances, and so on when using the product on the actual vehicle.
- The crank for STEP Pro changed the material to nitride steel and treated the surface with ion nitriding to improve durability by enhancing the surface hardness and hardened layer.
- Expand the R-corner of the fillet weld in the crankpin to improve the torsion strength.
- Prevents fretting by extending the crank nose 10 mm longer.
- HKS original main stud bolt with thicker screws is used.
- Enhance the strength by changing the material of #2 and #3 journals to Chromium-molybdenum steel.
- Line boring for securing the roundness of the journal.
- The main bearing and connecting rod bearing are highly selected through various tests.
- The crank damper pulley (provided) developed only for VR43 engines reduces torsion vibrations.
HKS crank damper pulley only for VR4.3L
(Cooperatively developed with ATI PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS)
Expand the R-corner of the fillet weld in the crankpin to improve the torsional rigidity of the crankshaft
Connecting rod bearing specially for VR4.3L
The billet crankshaft achieved reduced weight, improved response, and less torsion by using a high-efficient counterweight.
The bearing caps in #2 and #3 of the journal changed to Chromium-molybdenum steel to enhance the quality of the material. The line boring improved the accuracy of the roundness.
|Compression Ratio (t=0.8)
|Allowable Rotation Speed
SHORT BLOCK VR38 4.3L STEP Pro
|#2, #3 Chromium-molybdenum steel made cap
|Provides the Clearance for the crank contacting section
|Thicker main bearing screws
|Enlarged bore and counter boring in the ladder beam bearing cap
|Main bearing journal line boring
|HKS M12 stud bolt (625+)
|HKS billet, Molybdenum coating
|HKS H-beam (Clearance for fillet weld portion)
|Nitriding steel billet (Tungsten crankshaft weight)
|Ion Plasma Nitrided
|Expanded R-corner of the fillet weld in the crankpin
|Extending the crank nose for attaching crank damper pulley.
|Made by ACL
|Connecting Rod Bearing
|Factory, fine particle peening
|HKS product for VR43 only