(ENGINE) CAPACITY UPGRADE KIT for FA24 2.5L HIGH COMP
ENGINE BLOCK COMPONENTS
【CAPACITY UPGRADE KIT FA24 2.5L HIGH COMP】
Ideal capacity upgrade kit for increasing engine strength when installing a supercharger.
POINT-1 Piston Kit
- To prevent the breakage of the second land, the material employs A2618 material, which has high-temperature strength, to achieve a low pin height that eliminates the need for making any service holes.
- 2-layer molybdenum coated to help reduce friction.
- The cavity on the piston head optimizes the atomization of direct injection.
- 3D Piston crown shape sustains tumble flow.
- The uneven shape of the piston head allows using the high-lift camshaft.
POINT-2 Connecting Rod
- Exclusive conrods designed for longer stroke. The crank pin size is designed for a dedicated size. Thus it eliminates the modifications on the engine side.
- It optimizes the connecting rod bolt size and employs the high-strength split-type (not machined the cutting surface) I-beam.
- Provide a dedicated high-strengthened billet connecting rod for the long stroke. Any clearance modifications to the stock engine block are unnecessary because of a specially designed crank pin.
- Optimized wall thickness based on strength analysis. Achieved approximately 30% increase in strength, which minimizing weight gain.
- I-beam shape was selected to increase the buckling strength.
- Manufacturing by the billet to makes it possible to ideal thickness shape and eliminate the damaged starting point on the surface. The surface is also exposed to a powerful shot penning process to improve fatigue strength.
- Optimum heat treatment is performed on the chrome-molybdenum steel to enhance its strength and toughness.
The STEP 2 billet I-beam conrods achieves about 30% increase in strength while minimizing weight gain.
- Crankshaft uses a forged material.
- It has a dedicated pin journal size. Combination use of the HKS connecting rod is recommended.
The separate purchase of the connecting rod bearing for NISSAN RB26 and SR is required.
HKS recommends using STEP 2 for a vehicle with a turbo that tends to be generated high torque.
Light weight 340g piston (Stock 367g). Adopts low friction 2-layer molybdenum coating.
|HKS 2.5L KIT
Compression Ratio with Stock Head
|Gasket Thickness (mm)
|0.8mm (HKS Grommet Type)
|1.2mm (HKS Grommet Type)